Thursday, November 24, 2011

my recipe for success turkey day!!

So here's what I did!


I looked up Brine online,a nd found Alton Brown's Recipe, and thought to myself WTF? Why do I have to get ginger and shit? Whatevs I'm winging it!


So I used a LOT of water ( Filled a cooler with ice water heheheh)

1.5 cups kosher seasalt

2 cups packed darkbrown sugar

Thyme, Savory spices, Basil, and Cilantro


Mixed it all around in teh cooler


Added turkey


Let sit in there for 48 hours, putting in tray after tray of icecubes to keep it cold.


Then I took it out of the brine and put it onto the pan, I made the stuffing for inside the bird and put it in there, and then used a stick of butter to put in the cavity and the wingpits and thigh junctures.


Then I put it in the oven at 325 for 6 hours.


I took 12 cups of Brine boiled it down, (To cook the raw bird out of it lol) And used that liquid to baste the turkey every 30-45 minutes.


This led to a SUPER flavorful and juicy turkey :)

My team enjoyed it, Eugene raved about it, and I am extremely happy with how my very first ever turkey turned out! Can't wait to teach my kiddos how to cook cooking this without ever learning how was tough,a nd left me biting my nails worrying!



Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment