Sunday, December 18, 2011

getting my crafty on!!

So I went out today to grab some Glycerine, but they didn't have any, and I had coupons, so I figured I may as well use them!! Got 8 yards of fabric, and I am going to use all of it to make reusable Grocery bags!! This one is the perfect size, holds a loaf of bread with no bending :)

Only made one ( it takes about an hour to make one from first cut to final seam) but I can already tell this is going to be something I enjoy doing VERY MUCH!!

Austin is talking about getting rid of plastic and paper bags completely in about three years! We will see if it happens, but it really spurred me to my decision to help reduce my own carbon footprint even more. :) Going to have a lot of fun making these bags, and saving the planet at the same time!

Hope you all enjoy the photos :)




















Teal solid will be paired with Lobster, Conch shells, and Coral, Maroon Solid will be paired with this beautiful Wine fabric, you can't tell in the picture, because my phone isn't that great with dark rooms, but it has the most beautiful purples in taht wine!, and then the Green and Blue flowers will be paired with the sewing notions. :) It's super pretty, and will make some great bags!! you only need 1 yard of each fabric to make one bag, I got 1 extra yard each of the two solids, so that I could pair them with darker colors I have here at home.

Eugene asked me to please make sure that I had some bags that he wouldn't feel stupid carrying :P So teal and maroon and black, I have lots of other fabric that I'll use for more manly bags too.. Silly man :P


<3

2 comments:

  1. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd Decided why not start an Etsy Store!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bellanoctumn?ref=seller_info

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I shall make sure to link the etsy store at some point. ^_^ The bags are lovely, my dear. <3

    ReplyDelete