Thursday, December 8, 2011

I was bullied today, and I actually cried... wow

So yall, you probably know by now that while I put up this big brave facade, I am squishy inside.

I was at work, and some people were complaining about " Scavengers" while frantically searching the cubicles around mine for something. So I was trying to be helpful and I asked them " Are you looking for the Clorox wipes" ( Because when ever I am bitching about scavengers at work, it's because they stole my damn wipes)

The guy turns to me and says " Yes... THAT'S what I was looking for, WIPES" Really sarcastically, so ... I figured well he's a dick, but ok, so I offer up my wipes. And he goes " No no I'm just being stupid I don't need your wipes"

and then he walks away muttering about me interfering in something or other...


YALL I WAS TRYING TO HELP!

The rest of the guys with him went on and on to him about how he's such a dick, and how "Dude she was just trying to help wtf is your problem"

Ok so I'm emotional, my dad died a few months ago, this is my first christmas without him, he always told us to be good to others, because we don't know what they are going through, and I just started thinking all of this stuff, and then the tears came and I couldn't stop them and I cried at my desk for like 30 minutes before my boss takes me into his office where I cry some more about how it's not right that people are so mean, they don't have to be, and it hurts, and all that stuff. Then I breathe, and I"m able to move on.

But it still hurts.

People shouldn't be that way to other people.

I go out of my way to be nice to strangers and coworkers. Because I DO NOT KNOW if they are hurting inside. I DO NOT KNOW if they have lost someone, or something, or whatever recently, because I do not know, I am polite, and uplifting and cheerful.

But today, I'm crying because not everyone is like that.

I am crying because my Daddy, who adopted me when I was FOURTEEN isn't here anymore to listen to me cry, and I'm crying because that person never had a Daddy like I did, to teach them how to treat another human being.

I need a lot of hugs today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Unfortunately, we can only be in control of how we react to situations and people but we can't control how others act. That would have hurt my feelings too. It sounds like this guy was having a really bad day and needed someone to take it out on. I don't think it was a personal attack against you. I think he would have done the same thing if it had been someone else that offered the help right at that moment. Hang in there!

    And I'm so sorry about your Dad. I'm so glad though that you had that special relationship with him while he was here. That's probably one big reasons you miss him so much. He must have been a great man!

    Keep smiling! Don't let the monsters of the world get to you! You're so much better than that! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny!! Instead of succumbing to emotional eating I got crafty!! So Much so that I FORGOT dinner LOL.

    I am proud of myself for that, and because without a pattern or a tutorial, or having ever seen this, I made a reuseable grocery bag!

    ReplyDelete