Tuesday, September 28, 2010

*sigh* it's not bad news, but we just don't know yet

So I went to the dr today, and he did an exam, he looked at my tummy, and felt it, and said that it feels like the fat there is thinner, which he says is a very good thing and a sign that the metformin is working!

then he did the whole speculum thing and said that it all looks good, he can't say for sure that I"m prgnant right now, but advised me to continue having intercourse and to come back in 5 weeks ( 6 weeks from the 10th) So I'll make an appointment some time this week for october 15th to see what we can see :)

He said that because of the length of time between my latest period and the one before that ( About 6 months without new blood) he was not at all surprised with the amount of blood, the length of the bleeding, or the amount of clotting that was passed, he said that my body had needed to get rid of that and that may have been why I was getting sick so often ( build up in toxins in teh tissue) and that I'm much healtheier looking now

He did the hand up the vajayjay thing while palpating my uterus from the outside and said that he was very happy to report that this time he could feel my fundus( top of the uterus) much easier than he had last time, and he thought that was an excellent sign again of the Metformin working correctly. so that's good

he talked to me about how my clothes were fitting, and I told him about how I went to go buy new pants and now they fall off of me, he was very happy to hear this, and said that even though the weight loss hasn't been as dramatic as he anticipated, what he was seeing with the thinning of the fat in my stomach and hips/thighs, he was very happy with the drugs performance.

I did tell him about my aversion to dairy while on metformin, and assured him that regardless of that I was still getting my calcium in through calcium enriched foods and juices, he was happy to hear that, as well as that I was getting all my fruits and veggies in via v8, he was totally grossed out by the omegrantie blueberry flavored tomato juice which I found amusing, ( Since I hate that flavor too) But intrigued that I really enjoyed the strawberry banana, and said that he would have to try that as well.

Anyways yeah, in 5 weeks I go back to the dr for another pelvic exam as well as a urine test :)

AND tonight at work I start working out in the gym on my lunch. ( Just walking ont he treadmill but YEAH!)

and TOMORROW Heather is going to start joining me three days a week :) I'm thinking that we will actually come in early for those sessions, and then the sessions that I I do on lunch will be mon-tuesday which are her days off. :)


So I'm really happy to have someone to work out with, who I can really really talk to.

YAY ALL THIS CRAP OFF OF MY CHEST WOOT!

1 comment:

  1. *Pout* i wanna work out with you too... *pout some more*
    But glad that you are going to be working out. What time are you on lunch? Maybe i can workout with u in spirit, by sweating my booty off at the same time. We can do this hun, just keep the positive thoughts buzzing around your head.

    ReplyDelete