Saturday, November 27, 2010

QUILTING HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!




I think that the funniest part about my quilting, is that i decided to star with one of the harder quilt patterns, a dresden.

I now haveJust begun the madness we call Quilting, but I must say... I'm really happy already!!!

I couldn't get my sewing machine to work, so I actually ended up hand stitching the p[oints on my dresdens, and I'll be hand stitching them together too, so I will be using the hell out of some pins!! Gotta keep it all straight as possible. :)

You can probably see all of my new quilting tools on the left, I'm really happy about those! I got them all at a STEAL! I bought literally 120 dollars worth of merchandise for 70 bucks!!! I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY SALES!!!

Ahem, anyways, I can't figure out how to get my sewing machine to work, so I am having to hand stitch everything for now, which as you can see from the pressed and pointed picture, I'm doing really really well at :)


The dresden is turning out fabulously, I'm really proud of it!!!!


instead of putting a circle in the middle of my dresden, I'm going to put three squares, so it's more like a sunburst inside a sunburst. :) Like a flower.

Super Excited!!!!

I will TOTALLY be posting more pics, and more blogs as I move along in this. I am assuming that hand sewing an entire quilt is going to be such a bitch, but I'm totally willing to do it, if it means that I can keep quilting at the moment.... It's really really alot more fun than you'd think, even the hand stitching!

I'm about to go match up rights to backs and pin so that I can get started on my hand stitching of the dresden completely together.

Later guys!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment