Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Does your period reduce you to your primitive state?

I must confess that when I am on my period, I crave cow, Steak and cheese burgers. I am probably not alone in this.

I tend to bleed heavily, soaking through my double layer of pads in about 2 hours, I get dark circles under my eyes, and my iron levels drop dramatically.

So my body begins to burn for meat. The protein to help repair the mess in my uterus, and the iron to help up my blood levels.

The cramps I experience are so intense it feels like someone is removing my spine with no anesthesia. It's not fun.

In my experience, my period is the weakest point of the month for me, and becasue of that, I tend to stay home, hidden in my comfy pajammas, sitting on the couch playing wow or reading a book, trying not to move as much as possible.

I feel like a woman takes care of her man most of the time, but during her period, her man should take care of her instead. This isn't the most popular notion, but it's one I firmly believe in.
When I am on my period, I don't want to cook, clean, walk the dog ( The last two I do anyway) But I think that my man should make sure I"m eating enough during my time of the month. Should make sure that what I'm eating has plenty of iron and protein in it, and makes sure that I am as comfortable as possible.

I am very lucky to have that in Eugene.... So I was just wondering if anyone else out there feels the same way.

It seems natural to me that during my most vulnerable time, my mate is there to make sure I am taken care of... anyone else have thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment