Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's day for those who have lost children, or have been relegated to the unimportant step mother role

This means that you will be hurt.

You aren't their "real Mom" No matter than you do everything you can for them, and that you try to make them happy, you aren't their real mom. So you don't count...

At least that's how it is in my family. And since no one else here in my texas family, I don't know how to explain how I feel.

I have lost 10 children. I have been a step mother through all of that, and I am a Mother, no matter that I haven't given birth to my own young yet.

But... somehow, people seem to forget that.

Happy Mother's day to all of you out there who are in the same position, I am so sorry if this weekend is as difficult for you as it is for me, and I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain that comes with being cast aside as unimportant, on a day that means so much to you....

I think you all are wonderful, and so I wish you all Happy Mother's day, whether you bore your child or not, if you are their mother, then you are amazing, and I appreciate the hell out of you.


Ps, it's ok to cry about it, and it's ok to tell your mate about it. <3

3 comments:

  1. It pains me to read that you don't feel appreciated as a mother. I shared how I feel about my step mother last night, and seeing how you feel and act around Malachai, I know that you are absolutely terrific, and he is so lucky to have you in his life. If I were there, I would tell everyone who don't appreciate you a thing or two...

    You are an amazing woman, a wonderful friend, and deserving to be celebrated on Mother's day. I will celebrate you along with my mom, the memory of my grandmothers and all my friends who are either mothers, expectant mothers, stepmothers, adopting mothers, women who can't have their biological babies, but are thinking about starting a family in the future.

    /end of wall-of-text.
    *Huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have appreciated my step mom and her love for years.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete