Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Don't you just love making beautiful things?

Here is my very first Practice Piece on my Embroidery machine!




So if you read through my last post, you know that my machine sews like a DREAM! Well Guess what? It embroiders like a dream too <3 Have to make sure to put the bobbin in correctly, but luckily, the bobbin case comes off easily with the removal of only two screws, allowing you to fix the really really bad big huge mess inside it with ease... >.>. Also in case you are wondering, this is 4 separate patterns, I could have just put the "And" symbol in with the E and the S but I'm not sure I could have made it small and the other two big. :) So the Heart is one pattern, the ES is another, the "And" is another and the Cherub is another :)

Anywho, after I figured it out, it worked amazing! You can probably see on the lower left hand side of the heart the fabric is ripped, that's because I had to cut it off of my feed dogs... yep I embroidered the fabric TO the machine! And that's after I read the instructions for a week, watched tutorials on line, and popped inthe disc, JUST to make sure I wouldn't mess up. :P All I can really say is that it was my first time, I'm still very very happy with my sucess, and I think that I will be embroidering many many things in the future! Starting this weekend with TOWELS FOR MY HOUSE YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight after I make them myself... :D

That's right I am going to make my own towels, and then Embroider them! ( You just need a coupon for Joanns, go grab your favorite color of Terry cloth, and a Serger , and you are good to go!)

So yes, I am going to make towels, see how I like it, and if I like it enough then we will never buy towels again, not for wedding gifts, OR for us :D Because no joke, I love big soft fluffy towels, it's just hard to find them in my size :P.

Anywhoodles, I"m off to possibly doze on the couch, took a half day today.

Hope everyone has an incredible night day whatever it is for you <3.






No comments:

Post a Comment