Monday, March 28, 2011

Sarah's Scrap Sash quilt!

Completed block number 1
completed block number 2
completed block number 3
sash number 1
sash number 2
( Sash number 3 apparently didn't get a picture taken of it >.>)

So I went out and bought a light medium and dark of 9 different colors ( For three quilts) I purchased 2 yards of each, which was an excellent idea on my part, as I have enough to make some seriously huge quilts now. :)

Anyways, After I was done cutting all of my 8.5x8.5 inch squares, I was left with several 2 yard long strips ( Sashes) Of cloth, in these gorgeous colors and patterns, that i just couldn't let go to waste.

I took them and grouped them together ( I only did one set of each, even though I had two sashes each, I just wanted to see how it worked out, I"ll be finishing with more sewing later on. for now I only have what I'm uploading here :) ) After I grouped them I lined them up ( Right sides together of course :) Except for that one that I accidentally did right to back... had to take all 2 yards worth of stitches out of that one *sigh*).

I pinned them, so that I could make sure that I was keeping my lines straightish, but if you don't think you need Pins, that's fine too.

After I stitched them all together, I laid them out one by one, and I cut 8.5x8.5 inch squares out of what I had, I got 8, 7, and 6 ( 3 sashes were all different lengths T_T)


this tutorial is awful I know, and there probably aren't enough pictures, I plan to take more pictures as I make the second batch of sashes. :) Then I will redo this whole thing, just wanted to get the jumble of thoughts down on the blog for now. :) Byeeeeeeeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment