Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thoughts about Zena, and getting a new puppy

I was remembering today, how when she knew she was in trouble her muzzle would get all red, it was SO cute, and when she was excited, her whole face and neck and belly would blush, she just was so cute and full of spirit.
How much she loved car rides, and hated the rain, how she would literally hold it until she was about to pop before venturing out in the rain, haha.
I remember how her whole body wiggled when she saw me coming home, and how her tongue stuck out when she slept. And all of those wonderful memories are killing me now.
I miss her so much.

The hardest part for me is coming home at night and her not being at the gate ready to bound up the stairs. Or not having her laying all over my damn clothes, or not giving her anymore baths with my strawberry shampoo mixed in to help it smell better.

Not having her to just rub her head on my leg as I sat on the couch and she sat beside me.

She's a good girl, and I will miss her forever.

Alot of people think that I'm getting a new animal too soon, and that's just not the case.

My dog is gone, and not saving another one isn't going to bring her back, and it's probably going to make it harder to get over her loss.

Nolee is the name of the puppy I"m looking at, I go to meet her tomorrow, she's a lab, we will see if I like her or not, she seems sweet enough in the pictures, and the video.

She is a six year old black labrador, and a very happy puppy.

I will miss the energy and boundless enthusiasm of my boxer pit baby, but It's entirely too soon for me to get another one of the same breed, though Mugsy is adorable, and I like him alot too.

We will see tomorrow I will go fill out the application, see if I'm allowed to have one at all, they have to approve you.

Talked to my land lord today, to make sure that getting another puppy was ok, and got the go ahead, the shelter will call them and make sure everything is kosher with them, and then hopefully on sunday I'll get to take my puppy home....

No I'm not over Zena's death, not in the least, but rescuing another puppy will help me get over it I think.

The tears don't stop, I think about her and go off in a fit of crying, and I'm sure I will continue to for a while, but that's no reason to let a puppy get gassed. I can provide a good loving home, and that's what a puppy needs.

Rest in peace Zena, you are in a better place, and I will see you one day, and introduce you to this puppy too. <3 you.

No comments:

Post a Comment